DIY dry shampoo!

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to my blog (or if this is your first visit, hey, come join party!). Today I am going to be showing you how you can make your very own.....

**DRUM ROLL PLEASE!**

Dry shampoo! (Pause for applause)

Yes it's true, you can make your very own dry shampoo from ingredients in your kitchen instead of having to go to the drugstore and spend $8-12 every few months. I made mine a few weeks ago and so far I am loving the results. The best part, it's ALL NATURAL! There isn't anything in this dry shampoo that is a unknown chemical with 20 letters in it. This works really well and can be altered for different hair colors. I will post before (greasy hair) and after (cleanish hair) pictures at the end so you can see how well it works. Keep in mind this is a literal dry shampoo. It is a powder formula, not a spray formula. Okay so, let's get started!


Ingredients:
This recipe is seriously so easy, it's just 3 powders mixed together in a bowl and then put into a container of your choice.

Here's what I used:
1/8 (or half of a 1/4 cup) of cocoa powder- you can use more cocoa and less of the other ingredients if you have darker hair
1/4 cup of corn starch
1/4 cup of baking soda

All you have to do is measure the powders and mix. After it's mixed you could put it in a shaker bottle or a jar like container and use a brush for application like I did. 


I chose to use a brush application mainly because I didn't have a shaker bottle around but also because the brush gives me more of a precise application and drives the product deeper into my hair (I have VERY thick hair!). The jar I used is from an old Ikea set I bought from a yard sale a while back. But any jar with a opening big enough for a brush will do. I might actually move mine into a mason jar so I could make a bigger batch!

Now for the before and after pics:
Before
After














 As you can see, this dry shampoo absorbed almost all of the grease on my 2 day hair and made it look presentable enough to go to the supermarket! There is no way I was going anywhere the way it looked...which reminds me please excuse my crazy bang hair in the first picture, it did not want to cooperate. The absolute best part about using this shampoo is that my hair smells like chocolate:)


Okay guys, please let me know if you try this and how it worked for you!

Xoxo,
Brig


No comments:

Post a Comment