Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cookies!

Hello Everyone!

It’s another dark and gloomy day outside at Mylifeasbrig Headquarters so I thought I would do some baking, except I didn’t have many ingredients to work with. I had no milk, one egg, very little butter and no brown sugar! In case you're worried about how I live, I do my grocery shopping on Fridays, for no apparent reason! 

Anyway, I thought baking would be impossible; WRONG-O! I found an old cookbook (from 1990, so it’s practically ancient) of my mom’s titled “4 Ingredient Cookbook”. I checked the index and voila! There was a few recipes for peanut butter cookies.

Today I am sharing with you how I took that recipe and with a few changes, made it so much better! I’m calling these cookies my “Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cookies”, patent pending….(not really).

Here's a little preview to keep you interested:


Okay now that you're drooling on your laptop, here are the original ingredients:
   1 cup chunky PB
   1 egg
   1 cup  sugar
   1 tsp  vanilla

And that’s it! How did they expect for peanut butter cookies to come out magically delicious with only four ingredients, I will never know!

Here’s what I used to shake things up:
   1 cup  of smooth PB
   1 egg
   A little less than a cup of sugar (I don’t like things overly sweet, but you can use the whole cup if you prefer)
   1 tsp vanilla
   1 tsp baking soda
   A sprinkle of flour (to bind the batter a bit more because I found the batter to be very wet)

Even though this recipe is no longer four ingredients, it’s still just as easy to prepare. I literally just put all of these ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mixed with a SPOON! NO ELECTRIC MIXER NEEDED! 

After all the ingredients are combined I formed the batter into 1 inch balls and placed on a greased baking sheet. Before I put them in the oven I pressed them down with a fork so it formed a crisscross pattern. 

These cookies bake at 350 degrees for a very strict 10 minutes. If I had left them in the oven any longer, I wouldn’t have anything to write about today! If you did it all right, (and I don't see how you can screw this up!) they should look like this: 











Okay guys, that’s it for today’s post! I hope you all enjoyed and as always you can leave a comment down below and I will definitely respond, because well, I have no life! Please share this with anyone you know who likes to bake, love peanut butter or both! 

Also, don’t forget to check out my social media, especially Instagram (I live for Instagram, lol!)

Xoxo,
Brig







No comments:

Post a Comment