My current favorite eyeshadow palettes (and swatches)!

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all having a great second day of 2015, today I'm just lounging around photographing eyeshadow palettes and swatches just for you guys! :)

The first eyeshadow palette I use on a regular basis is one of the Hard Candy top ten trendsetters eyeshadow collections in Birthday Suit. This palette is the perfect mix of nude and pastel colors with a gorgeous navy blue thrown in! The colors I use on a day to day basis when I'm not doing anything special are the first three colors on the left side (the beige, light brown and dark brown). If I want to deepen up the look I'll throw in the reddish brown (sixth color from the left) on my crease or the navy blue on my outer V for a nice smokey look.

These colors are insanely buttery and blendable! Half the time I don't put enough on my brush and blend it away, that's how soft they are. The pigmentation is also awesome!

I'll put some swatches below so you can see how they look without a primer, but the lighter colors are harder to see because I'm so pale during the winter!



These colors have no name, but I will attempt to describe them (LOL). One thing I want to say first, these colors are ALL MATTE! I was so happy to see that they were all 100% matte because I didn't own many matte colors and they're basically all I wear.

Anyway, the first color is a very natural yellow beige, that you can't even see in the swatches!

The second is a gorgeous light brown that I use as my daily lid/ transition color.

The third is a very deep brown that I use in my outer V/ crease, it is so soft and blendable!

The fourth is a very light pink that I've only used once as a base for the light brown (it made a very pretty combo!).

The fifth color is a light purple/grey color that isn't as pigmented but it is buildable which is always nice.

The sixth color is a camel brown that I use to deepen a look further or I'll throw it in the crease if I'm doing a bronze look.

The seventh color was also not showing up on the swatches but it is a more peachy version of the light pink. I haven't used this color yet, but by the way it felt when I swatched it, it should be buildable with a primer and a big fluffy eye brush!

The eighth color is a gorgeous light grey! I used this when I was fooling around with colors and it works beautifully with a smokey eye with a navy outer V and a thin winged liner! Ugh, I wish I had a picture to show you guys of that look!

Anyway, the ninth color is that amazing navy blue! It is so pigmented in the picture without a primer, you can just imagine how it looks with a primer!

The tenth and final color in the palette is a creamy off-white color that I use for highlighting under my brows and my inner corner.

In the top left picture (with the swatches) you can see the pretty packaging in the background. It has a cream colored faux-leather with a snakeskin like pattern and studs on the right side. It is pretty but also somewhat bulky but overall this palette is still sleek and easy to hold, if that makes any sense!


My other favorite eyeshadow palette is one that I use along with the Hard Candy palette because this palette has nothing but amazing shimmer! It is the Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F) prism eyeshadow palette in Naked.

These colors are so freaking pigmented, soft and blendable that it is completely worth the $10 I paid for it! I know $10 sounds a little pricey for ELF but these shadows are amazing, shimmery, and cruelty free! How can you get any better than that??

By the way, this palette didn't arrive at my house broken, I dropped it like on the floor an idiot right after I got it out of the box! Oddly/ thankfully the mirror broke but the shadows didn't! I rarely ever use palette mirrors anyway, however this mirror is a VERY generous size that I actually use it when I tweeze my eyebrows between threading appointments.                                                     

Peek a boo!
 Okay so here I go again trying to describe nameless swatches to you all, but at least you can see them all (pretty much) for this palette! I didn't use a primer for these swatches either.

The first color is a pretty white that I use to add extra highlight to my brow bone.

The second is an amazing yellow shade that I use in my inner corners.

The next three colors I use on my lid when I'm doing a bronze shimmer look (I pick one of them each time, I don't use them all at once haha). The third is a light copper (like a penny) color that I usually use a wet brush with to make it more metallic looking.

The fourth color is a light brown that I sometimes add very lightly to my crease for a teeny bit of extra sparkle so my look doesn't have a metallic lid and matte crease.

The fifth color is a deeper version of the light copper color. Sometimes I'll mix the lighter and darker copper shade for an extra bronze look!

The final shade is a beautiful chocolate shade that I'll use in my outer V for a deeper/smokey/extra metallic look. It is so pigmented I was shocked when I first tried it out!

 Overall, my rating on both of these palettes is 10/10 because they are so versatile and can make any daytime look transition into a nighttime look whether it be a matte or shimmery one. Both of these companies are cruelty free (they don't test their products on animals), are very affordable (the H.C palette was around $6!) and the packaging is sleek enough to carry in your purse or even backpack if you want! The ELF palette has a larger mirror, but I like how you can see the eyeshadow from the outside of the H.C packaging, so I guess it's all about personal preference on that one.


Okay guys, thank you so much for reading my post, and I hope you all have a great day! Don't forget to find me on social media!

Xoxo,
Brig





2 comments: