My Hair Care Routine!

Hello everyone!

I hope you’re all having a fabulous morning. I’m here to bring you my haircare routine! I’m going to include everything from what I use to wash my hair to what I brush my hair with. So let’s get into it!

I think we should start with my hair background. I have pretty long and thick hair that is starting to look damaged from heat styling and just because it's so long. Does anyone else notice that when their hair gets to a certain length it starts to look damaged? I don't know, maybe it's just me. Anyway, let's get into what I use on my hair.

I think it's important to say what I use to brush my hair because brushing your hair can have damaging effects if done with the wrong tool. I use a wide toothed comb 99% of the time (unless I am combing through my hair after applying argan oil which I will explain later!)  Combing this way protects my hair from splitting because if you comb your hair from root to tip, the knots that are further up on the hair shaft are dragged through, which causes split ends.

I brush my hair before my shower because doing this lowers the risk of my hair snapping while in the shower because of untangled knots. Hair is much weaker in the shower because it is wet and wet hair is much more susceptible to snapping, this causing split ends.

In the shower, my hair routine isn’t anything complicatedI only use two products; Suave damage control shampoo and Naked Naturals Citrus & Keratin fortifying conditioner. I buy this conditioner from Job Lot (it's like a local bargin outlet with some amazing stuff!) a from the price sticker you can see another reason why I love this stuff so much! For $2 I get a thick moisturizing conditioner that makes my hair super shiny and healthy looking, even when my hair is looking crappy. Also it's all natural and cruelty free! One more thing: the smell of this shampoo is freaking heavenly! It smells like you just filled whatever room you're currently in with a million oranges! If you have the chance to smell this, you will definitely buy it!




I start by wetting my hair and using the conditioner all over my head.

I let it sit for a few minutes and then shampoo only the scalp of the head. This both cleans my roots and washes out the conditioner. 


I then apply more conditioner only to the tips of my hair  (from the nape of my neck down) and let it sit for however long I want. I’ve noticed time doesn’t make a difference when conditioner is on my tips. Double conditioning protects my hair from the shampoo and leaves it extra soft and UNTANGLED which is major for my thick hair!

After I get out of the shower I wrap my hair in a towel (I can’t get a hold of putting a T-shirt on my head, still trying though!), I get dressed and then take the towel off and shake my hair (much like a dog..) to untangle it before I comb it.

Then, I take a dime sized amount of argan oil and apply it from ear length to the tip of my hair. I know a dime size amount seems like a lot but my hair is very long and very thick so it sucks it all up. 


After I put the oil in my hair I take a normal (fine toothed) comb and comb my hair to distribute the oil. Sometimes but not very often I'll take a palmful of the argan oil and distribute it from root to tip and throw it up in a bun. I leave it in for as long as I can before I need to shower (if I have to leave the house) or I'll sleep with it overnight.

Once everything has been applied and combed I usually let my hair air dry because I hate using a blow dryer. However if I need to go out soon I’ll go old fashion and “scrunch” my hair with hair gel which encourages my hair to dry with the shape of my natural waves/curls.

Okay guys, that’s all I do for my hair care routine! If you have anything you think I would like or anything you would like me to review, as always leave a comment and I will definitely reply! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have an amazing day!

Xoxo,
Brig


1 comment:

  1. What should I Include In My Hair Care Routine
    If you want healthy and shiny hair then you need daily care for that. Using expensive cosmetics only can not better treat you hair. It is very important that it is included in you daily hair care routine.

    Here in this section we are giving you some easy hair care routine maintaining tips.

    ReplyDelete