January 2015 favorites!

Hello everyone!


Welcome to my first "favorites" post! Since this is my first time doing this kind of post I'm just going to mention some of my beauty favorites. I'm sure my February favorites will be much more interesting since I just got a TON of new make up in the mail (haul coming soon!) but for now here's a nice quick post that I hope you all enjoy!

My first two favorites are some lippies! The gloss on the left is an ELF cosmetics product that arrived in the mail just yesterday but I can already tell that it's a favorite! It is called Brett from their Extra Lip Gloss line. It is a shimmery bright red.

 The lipstick is from L.A Colors and I bought it at dollar tree for (obviously) one dollar! I wasn't expecting much but boy was I surprised! The color is Mauve Glaze and is a "Your lips but better" color! When I apply one coat to one of my lips I can't even tell which has lipstick and which doesn't! Also it smells like vanilla which I don't mind but I know some people do.

The pigmentation of both of these products are amazing and last a long time! I do not pair these two together even though the swatches are next to each other:)













My next favorite for this  month is my all time favorite eyelid primer from ELF. It is in the shade sheer. They have changed the packaging since the last time I bought some and I like it so much more! It looks so much more high end, I especially love the new matte finish.

The color is slightly lighter, but the thickness and staying power is the same, awesome!

CORRECTION! I assumed that I had bought the ELF essential eyelid primer when I actually bought their new eyelid primer from their studio line. The studio primer is $3 but the essential one is $1. My bad!






Next is a holy grail brow product also from ELF (are we sensing a theme here?). It is their eyebrow kit in light. On the left is a wax that keeps my eyebrow hairs in place and on the right is a powder to set the wax if desired. I use this on an almost daily basis, the only days when I don't use it is when I don't bother to do my brows!




































My final eye related product is Rimmel London's Scandaleyes mascara in black. It does amazing things for my lashes, gives major volume in one coat with no clumping! I get the waterproof version because my eyelids get really oily so with normal mascara I look like a racoon within a few hours!






My favorite face product for this month is L.A Colors "Cover Up!" concealer. I bought it at Family Dollar for around $2 and it is super full coverage! I use this mainly on my under-eyes because it is too thick to be applied on my blemishes because I have dry skin and the concealer sticks to it. Regardless this covers up my dark circles insanely well!





My final favorite is a blending brush from ELF. This was the first blending brush I've tried and I love it! I does what it says, blends my eye looks and for $1 it surpasses what I expected of it. I've never had any problems with it shedding and it picks up lots of product! I mean for such a low price, it's stupid to not give this brush a chance!



Okay guys, that's it for my January favorites! I hope you enjoyed it! As always feel free to comment down below or find me on my social media!

Xoxo,
Brig





No comments:

Post a Comment