My "Famous" Banana Muffins!

Hello everyone!

The freezing rain has finally stopped and the sun has come out to play! At this very second I have a recipe to share with you all in the oven. They are my “Famous Banana Muffins”. I don’t make this all the time but when I do, my family requests I make them in bulk, not joking! I don’t even post that I’m making these on facebook or else I’ll have to make them for extended family and friends as well and if I did that, my local market would be out of bananas…

This recipe is super easy and kid friendly! It also doesn’t use very much of your baking staples (eggs, flour, butter, etc.) so if you have a day full of baking then you won’t have to worry about running out of ingredients before you make a yummy batch of brownies.

The ingredients are:
3 mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup white sugar (I  used a little less because I like a strong banana taste)
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp salt

HINT: If you have little ones, let them mash up the bananas in a bowl with a fork, spoon, or even their hands (with or without gloves, totally your preference!) This will make them feel like they’re helping without doing anything complicated!

After you have all the ingredients laid out, the process of mixing and folding is super easy! All you have to do in sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) into a small bowl and set aside. Then in a large bowl mix together the mashed bananas, egg, sugar, and melted butter until combined. Pour the flour mixture little by little into the wet ingredients and fold them in. Folding them as opposed to using a mixer makes the muffins light and fluffy! Once everything is combined, pour the mixture into greased muffin tins. The amount you fill them totally depends on you. I filled mine to the top to make six large muffins, but you could make 12 smaller ones as well! Large muffins back for about 25 minutes and small muffins back for about 15 minutes on 350 degrees.

If the baking gods are looking down on you with delight then your muffins should look like this when they're done:





And that’s it! You could add other ingredients to this recipe as well such as brown sugar, vanilla, or walnuts; the choices are totally up to you! For this post I went nice and simple but I would normally add vanilla and cinnamon because it really brings out the banana flavor.

Okay guys, that’s it for today’s post! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you make this recipe and add your own spin on it! Please comment below if you liked it and send me pictures on my Instagram! I hope you all have a great afternoon!

Xoxo,
Brig




Disclaimer: I have been accepted as a Target affiliate! This doesn't affect my opinion of anything I purchase from their stores or my opinion on their REDcard credit program. It's a great credit card option that saves you 5% everytime you shop and you get extra return time if you rethink a purchase! To top it all off you get free shipping from target.com!  http://goto.target.com/c/130274/99528/2092 

No comments:

Post a Comment